Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday girls!

Nana, Jane and Grandma S!

While we were in California Jane turned 8 and Nana had just turned 25! So she organized a party complete with cake, candles and goodies for all! Jane felt so special and wore her birthday crown for days! (and the kids had projects from their goody bags that kept them busy on the plane home! Allright!) I also want to mention that Bev CHEERFULLY did at least 12 loads of laundry for us... full of pukey towels and clothes. She even folded and IRONED. Dave said "Wow, my shirt hasn't looked this good since I bought it..." Huge thanks Bev, huge! We owe you.

This was a big birthday for Jane... She chose to be baptized in California! It was perfect to be with Aunts, Uncles, cousins and grandparents, we felt the absence of our ward family a bit though. Jane has been taught by loving primary teachers and a very faithful home teacher for the past 8 years. We really do love our ward and they have been like family to us. She was well prepared and we are so proud of her.It took 3 dunks to get Jane, the hairbow (it finally floated away), the fluffy (soggy) white dress and her cute toes all under at the same time. She was sweet though and it really was perfect. Dave gave her a beautiful blessing when he confirmed her. She has a precious spirit and is a great example in our family.
All the Austin cousins were there to support Janey... 9 of them sang with her (and 2 directed from their mommy's laps) ... and really, they were happier than they all look!


(Please excuse Michaels snarl and Jane's bully face. LOL Who knows exactly what kids are thinking when getting their picture taken for the umpteenth time in 7 days.)
Lastly, Robin posted today about Grandma's Party. Please go and read it and admire all her pictures. The whole reason we went on this trip was for this amazing, fabulous, remarkable woman's Birthday Celebration. It was so fun. My favorite part was lining up along the walkway in front of the church, cupcakes and candles in hand and singing Happy Birthday as Grandma left. 90 birthday candles make a lot of light! It was beautiful and Grandma was glowing. Robin planned a terrific party. We love Grandma S so very very much!

11 comments:

Darren and Chrissy said...

LOVE those pictures. I feel like I got to be a part of Jane's baptism. Tell her she looked beautiful in her dress. Speaking of dresses, did you get your cute denim one at Target? I saw one there like it that I loved. You look fabulous! It's disgusting though, how you coordinate everyone's outfits. (I mean that as a compliment!) I am glad if my kids socks match their pants, and their shoes match the one on the other foot! Keep posting pics!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday to all three Birthday Girls! How nice to share the occasions! You did an awesome job saving the moments with photos -- like you didn't already have SO much to do! We love and admire you more than words can say! B & Mom

davers said...

It was an awesome week for Jane ... great birthdays (I think there were 3 cakes altogether) and the baptism was great ... that is until the barfarama started. Fortunately that didn't happen until the closing prayer ended. Way to keep it in Benji! And a big Kudos to Jason who flew home early that morning so he could catch it all over himself.

Hehehe ... I remember where Michael and Jane's grimaces came from ... Aunt Robin who took the picture made a funny saying "Okay ... everybody frown!" [click!] ... little did she know how literal our kids take things. It's a great picture anyway!

Karen said...

Great pics. Family is so great, isn't it. Katie wants to be baptised in Idaho this summer. I agree with Chrissy...how do you get all your clothes to match? Mine pick there own out and they may or may not match. As you might remember. lol.

Sally said...

How exciting that Jane got to be baptized with so many family members there to see it. So many of us in the ward thought about her on this special day. She looks so beautiful in her white dress. I'm sure those family photos will be treasured memories.
Newark Sally

Anna Banana said...

I love lacy bobby socks and Mary Janes on little girls! I have a picture of Katie at that same age with her lacy socks and Mary Janes. Your pictures of Jane reminded me of that. :) So sweet! I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting!

Linda Austin Hart said...

It was wonderful to be together. Sure do love all of you!

smilesbig said...

I agree with everyone, Jane looked so beautiful and there seemed to be a special glow about her.

You are a great picture taker and I hope to learn at the masters knee of how to take great pictures because they are great for memories and the kids will love them when they get older and can look back on such a great moment.

Maren said...

Happy Birthday to Jane and congratulations on her baptism.

Stamps Family said...

Happy Birthday to all! What wonderful celebrations! Wish we could have joined in the fun! Thanks for posting all the great pictures! You are amazing!

Robin said...

Jane was beautiful that day. It was so fun to be with you!