Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fresh look and recovering.

I'm trying something new with the background. I think I miss my polka dots. When I open this I think I am on someone else's blog. Man, I resist change.

Eve is recovering. She seems to feel better today, yesterday was particularly rough and I wouldn't doubt that Monday or Tuesday will be hard again. When I brought her home on Thursday she was bouncing around, happy, energetic-- it was weird. About the time she settled down to sleep I put the pieces together and figured it out. The doctors had given her racemic epiniphrine for her breathing when they extubated and I think that gave her a good case of the jitters.

She was a good sport though. Once the "silly Juice" kicked in she said to me "Mommmmmmmyyyyyy, I feeeeel ssssleepy and Sloppppy." LOL. Then she said, (very very slurred) "Make sure you tell Michael and Jane I watched Larlie and Chola" (Charlie and Lola.) Then, she cuddled up and snuggled till it was her turn.


11 comments:

Emily said...

Evie, I love you! You are one tough cookie! I love your pretty long braids and your dolly that looks just like you. I hope that you get better soon, and I hope you get to eat lots and lots of pudding and ice cream and yummy treats like that.

xoxo,
Auntie Em

Wendy said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly! She looked like Max did after his surgery(on his finger).

Sally said...

We Love Eve!

I am glad she's doing better today. I hope she'll continue to do well! She is so sweet.

Robin said...

The Colorado Smiths are hoping that Eve feels better and better each day.

I think the new blog is darling and very easy on the eyes. Good Jorb.

Anonymous said...

Hooray Evie! I am so glad it's "over" -- even if there are some rough spots the next few days. I know you're going to be o.k.! You are beautiful, and you're a trooper! Wish we could be together to share stories and lots of cuddling time. We miss you all.
The new blog look is terrific. I love it! Change is a good thing!
Mom/Grammie

Katie said...

Eve is wonderful! Hopefully all the jello and ice cream will help her feel better. The kids and I send hugs. I love the new background. I especially love the picture of the kids. It's adorable!

Stamps Family said...

So glad Eve is done with surgery and tonsil free! We hope and pray she recovers quickly! Please give her hugs and kisses from us!

Your new blog look is darling. Sometime you will have to tech me how you do it!

Nope said...

Congratulations!!!

Becky said...

I like the new background. I really love the picture at the top. Lily's little legs are too cute. I hope Eve recovers really quick.

Synergy Girl said...

I LOVE Charlie and Lola!! It really is my favorite Chawlie....hehehe

Linda Austin Hart said...

I know I posted a comment on this, but re-reading I just found it not here. It said I felt awful, not knowing she'd been sick and was having it done. I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes, as much as a week will go by without my getting on the internet, checking my email not included. however sometimes even that gets neglected for 1-2 days.