Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Love Henry TOO much.

Lily says that all the time, she has since we brought Henry home. We think she means "So Much". She really does too. She adores him. But too much is really really appropriate.


She loves him even when he doesn't want to be loved. She loves him with big tight squeezes, juicy kisses and accidental head butts.

This was during our cheerful, spiritual Family Home Evening this week, right after an "I love him TOOOOO much" episode.
Yep, we were feeling the love.
I should add that he loves her back equally, just not usually with so much--- energy. ;)

9 comments:

Sally said...

Does Henry push her away? Act angry or annoyed? Poor Lily. Benji has the same problem, loves Laine too much. She will be giving us all loves, hugs and adoration but he holds on just a smidge too long and she ends up upset and so does he. :( So sad. But all in all, not such a bad problem to have.

The picture is awesome. Oh the drama, sorrow, tears...a perfect illustration of too much.

Melissa said...

Sally, he is a remarkably good sport about it 99% of the time. It just often ends in tears. :)

Robin said...

I love that picture. Love it. It tells a story. It says: We are crying because we love each other too much and Dad thinks it is funny.

Lizzie said...

Hey Melissa. I'm way bummed that i had NO IDEA you lived out there. How could that have slipped through the cracks?! Here's the kicker...we were in Newark, DE for 4 days. Do you have kids in elementary school? If so, what school?

Lizzie said...

It just dawned on me that you probably don't want to post the name of your kids school on the internet. We stayed in Newark, but we performed at the schools in the Middletown District.

Melissa said...

Lizzie! That stinks!!! What kind of cousins are we anyway??? I'm sorry! I'd have fed you too. It wouldnt' have been wonderful, but it would have been fun and you could have met my lovely family. :( Next time.

We actually live in Maryland, but you have to do to DE to get out of my neighborhood. We are very close to UofD. Want to go back to school? (somewhere outside of UT?)

Take care. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog now and then.

Melissa said...

I meant the food wouldn't have been wonderful. Not the company. The company and visit would have been fabulous. :)

Linda Austin Hart said...

darling photo.

Emily said...

Ditto what everyone said about this photo--it tells a story. I LOVE it...too much?