Monday, March 30, 2009

Journaling


This is a "for Posterity" post, since blogging is my version of journaling... (Is that a word?)
New Developments:
  • Henry sleeps in a crib, it took 17 months. I had no idea how good it would feel to sleep all night long (except for being up every night with the a potty training girl, growing pains- poor Eve, and assorted other middle of the night needs), if I had known I might have done it sooner.
  • Lily has stopped calling them green berries and now calls them grapes. Bittersweet. At least Eve is holding strong to pupcakes.
  • Jane won 2nd place in the school Spelling Bee! Hooray for her!
  • Jane is home with me every day now. I love learning with her and having her delightful company.
  • My daffodils are in full bloom and seeing them on my kitchen table and windowsill makes me smile even when the floor is sticky and gross.
  • I LOVE my calling! I came home exhausted from 1.5 hours of Primary Music yesterday, but it was so much fun!
  • During Sac Meeting yesterday I noticed Michael singing an octave lower than the melody... ack. Seriously? He also is up to my shoulder. Tall Boy.
  • 4 days ago Henry was miserable to read to. We did it though. Every day. He would grab the books out your hands and throw them, then wrestle away to play destructo boy on the bookshelf, unloading at an amazing pace. Yesterday we realized he was bringing us books and climbing on our lap and enjoying them. HOOOOORAYYYYY!!! (Maybe Sac Meeting will be better with this new distraction? Please?)
  • Eve and I made cookies yesterday. I keep eating them. We must deliver them around.... or I'll be round. ha ha ha.

8 comments:

Nope said...

yey, for learning together!!! Please, post some of your learning journey and creative teaching with us!!!

Robin said...

Great update on your family! Are those flowers all from your yard? I am glad you let the kids pick them! (It's good for the kids and the bulbs!)

I Miss you.

Melissa said...

Robin, I'm a huge fan of having the flowers inside my house! Especially when they are springy flowers. My children all love to pick them and bring them to me for bouquets all over the house. The woman who used to live here was a true gardener and I thank her in my heart every spring.

Emily said...

I loved reading this list. You are lucky you get to spend more time with Janey now! I'm jealous!

xo

Anonymous said...

How nice! We each need to take time for an accounting--frequently . . . along with those taken during prayer, of course. We have so many reasons to celebrate! Loved the bright daffodils and huge crocuses! But even better were the precious faces! Thanks for sharing.Mom/Grammie

Stamps Family said...

Love to hear all your "new developments!" Isn't life grand!

Katie said...

Makes me miss you guys!!! Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm glad you've reclaimed your bed! Is Little Miss Jane just loving learning at home?

Linda Austin Hart said...

After reading this post I just can't adequately describe the Austin grandchildren homesickness I am feeling right now. I love reading about them and seeing their beautiful photos.