
Will is the best Big Brother. He is so fun to be around, we all love him. My kids adore him.
Here are a few memories from when I was little.

I remember traveling in Puff the Tragic Wagon, on our way to Preston probably. Will was in the "way back" with his feet against the window, long legs, crumpled up... headphones on. After a long time we asked him what he was listening to, he held up the unplugged end of the headphones and said "Air Supply". I still get the giggles thinking about it. Car trips were so fun. (For my dear sisters and Will-- Remember putting our fancy pillow cases on our heads and waving to all the passing cars? And singing Oh Beautiful for Spacious skies for Amber waves of grain" for every wheat field we passed...)
One night my big siblings were watching over me while Mom was at a book club or class or something. I remember destroying my Idaho Book-- probably erased too hard, and then being so upset. I'm pretty sure Will (and Jenny and Amy) ironed the pages for me to help me. (I kind of remember being a drama queen about the whole thing. That was the only time though. ever.... really! )
I also remember another night being home with Will. I was trying to memorize the Periodic table and he was trying to watch Rambo: First Blood. (I clearly remember leeches. Was that the show? Gross.) Anyway, he taught me wonderful techniques for remembering them.
- If your lips were full of Lead all you could say would be pb. pb. pb.
- If he bought you Gold you'd say Au!
- Salt/sodium on those fries? Na.
- USU school colors- Silver and Blue- go Ag's.
More recently, Will has taught me to "Stay Amazed". I look everyday for the wonders that are around me. I'm trying to teach this to my children as well.
Will is adventurous, thoughtful, considerate, clean and really really fun to be around. He loves babies and is really good with them. Big kids love him too, and he takes the time to listen to what they have to tell him. As a little girl, I was so proud that he was my big brother, he was smart and cool and funny. I loved telling people I was related to Will Robinson. I still feel proud of him. I don't remember ever ever being tortured by him. I don't remember fighting, relentless teasing or meanness. Just fun. Will is Fun! He is also really good looking, really smart, really cool and single. ;)



8 comments:
Well done. . . well said, Melissa! How true, and it's not just a hazy memory! Relationships with Will are deep and abiding. He is and always has been the best son a mother ever had, as well as the brother you describe. Happy B-Day Will! You are SO loved! Wish we could make heavy hangover wishes, have birthday cake, and take a car trip together today! Mom
Just yesterday we were reassuring Will (our four year old) that his name was indeed very manly. After all, think about who he's named after. It doesn't get any better than that.
And just yesterday Parley was singing "Weeble Wobbles Wobble but they don't fall down."
Happy birthday Will. We love you too.
Melissa- You said it so well! Aren't we lucky to have such an amazing brother! I started looking at old pictures of Will and couldn't stop... What great memories! Happy birthday "Little Brother"!!!
I'm glad my wife has such an awesome brother.
Happy Birthday Will! This is a sweet tribute to a good brother. I know how wonderful it is to have an older brother who loves you and is good to you in every way.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes! It was a good day. I have lots of wonderful memories, and I'm very lucky to be a part of such a great family.
Love to you all,
Will
Will IS such an awesome guy..and yes...yur right, he's a cutie...! Why the heck is such a nice, crazy-fun, awesome guy still single?? You girls need to do your magic with him...winks!! Tell him hi from ME!!
How fun to read your memories of growing up in your family. I hated being raised as an only child and envy those wonderful sibling memories of yours. Will sounds like a great brother!!
Post a Comment