
I've never been ver good at April Fool's Day, but last year I played the best trick Ever. Ever! I laughed about it all day long. Pure Delight.
Here is what you do. (All props go to Anna from Storknet for the great idea.) Make some jell-o, but pour it into the cups you normally use for breakfast. (best if they are opaque so you don't see the Jell-O, good old plastic Ikea cups worked great). Then, you get to chuckle to yourself all the way to tomorrow morning. :)
Make a healthy breakfast for your kids, but forget to set the cups on the table. Once they are busy devouring your nutritious food, ask if they want juice. They of course will say yes because we all know juice is a treat. Pretend to pour juice in their cups and gently put them on the table. I made a fuss of filling them too full and I reminded my kids to please be careful and not spill the red juice on the table cloth or their school clothes. (this ensured that they would be really cautious as they tipped the cup back, and back, and back further.... so funny!)
This is the tricky part. You can't laugh yet. I hid behind the pantry door because I wanted to watch but I didn't want them to see me staring.
Enjoy their reactions. Maybe I'm easily amused (don't comment on that) but I still laugh when I think about this!
:) I think I'll do it again, even though they probably expect it. Have fun and tell me how your kids/spouse/siblings liked the trick.



9 comments:
I love that you prank your kids for April Fools Day and I love that a year later you are still laughing about it. You crack me up Melissa :)
hey, that is cool...i am in!!!
I think I will do this. Thanks for the idea!
A good, friendly, harmless prank. ;-) I love the photo you chose for this post. So cute and funny and appropriate!
I love it! I am definitely going to do this. Thanks for the great idea!
Great idea. Too bad my jello failure rate is 75 percent. Jello hates me.
This cracks me up!! The day is young maybe I can whip some jell-o up by this evening!
I am so glad your kiddos enjoyed it! I can just imagine you hiding behind the pantry door giggling! LOL
I just have to comment on how much I love this picture of surprised Jane catching her breath.
It reminds me so much of a little girl I used to look at almost 60 years ago, in the mirror.
Post a Comment